Workers Safety Insurance Board

Are you an injured worker looking for information about or help with your WSIB claim or benefits?  These agencies may be able to offer assistance:

Law Society Referral Service
This is an online service that gives you a free 30-minute consultation with a lawyer or paralegal. A crisis line is available Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Toll-free crisis line: 1-855-947-5255

Ministry of Labour and Employment Standards Information Centre
Advice about your pay, hours of work, overtime, vacation or holiday entitlements and termination or severance pay, if you are not represented by a union.
Call: 1-800-531-5551

Human Rights Legal Support Centre
The Human Rights Legal Support Centre provides legal services to people who have experienced discrimination.
Call: 1-866-612-8627

Industrial Accident Victims Group of Ontario (IAVGO)
IAVGO is a community legal clinic that serves the injured worker community in Ontario. They provide free services to injured workers, including legal advice, legal representation, and public legal education.
Call: 1-877-230-6311

Workplace Safety and Insurance Appeals Tribunal (WSIAT)
The Tribunal hears final appeals in workplace safety and insurance claims.

Office of the Worker Advisor
Free services to non-unionised injured workers and their survivors, including summary advice, self-help materials, and representation on appeals. If you are a unionized injured worker, the OWA can advise you of any relevant time limits for action in your case, and refer you back to your union for assistance.
Call: 1-800-435-8980 (English) or 1-800-661-6365 (French)

Health and Safety Community Legal Clinic
Free information, legal advice and representation to low-income workers who face health and safety problems at work, including employment standards and wrongful dismissal.
Call: (416) 971-8832

Injured Workers’ Community Legal Clinic
This is a province-wide specialty community legal clinic dealing with injured worker matters. The IWC provides advice regarding all employment law related issues and can provide representation regarding Workers’ Compensation and Canadian Pension Plan related cases.
Call: (416) 461-2411

Injuries at work can lead to many kinds of problems like income problems, need for accommodation at work, and job loss.  Contact us to find out about your legal rights.

The Steps to Justice website offers step-by-step information on injuries at work and other common legal problems.